Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Popping My Comic Book Cherry

by Anna Mitchell

I’m a book nerd.  I do love movies too.  Comic Books?  Not so much.  I guess growing up I was always told that they were boy’s versions of books.  Girls read real books.  I have no idea who could have ingrained that into my head, but there it is. 
                Have I ever read comics?  Manga yes.  American comic books no.  My love for the Avengers movies comes from my love of all the handsome men in the movies and good plots.  Starting this business aventure with my fellow nerdy friends has put me with the gamer nerds and the comic book nerds. 
                I’m learning that comic books aren’t just for boys.  Girls can read them too.  I’ll be popping my comic book cherry very soon.  I wish I could do it on Free Comic Book day, but due to a death in the family I’ll be at a funeral and with family Saturday. 
                My friends have given me recommendations.  I’ll be going to a local comic book store and walking out slightly poorer but with a few comic books.  Stay for part 2.  See what comics I went with. 

Anna Mitchell
CapConDC President

No comments:

Post a Comment